Agenda Barcelona Meeting
Barcelona LABMAQUAL meeting
23-25 May 2002
Universitat de Barcelona (so not at the CIREM premises)
Campus de la Vall d’Hebron
Edifici Migdia-ICE (Institut Cičnces de l’Educació)
Passeig de la Val d’Hebron 171
Thursday, 23 th of May
14.30 hrs opening and introduction of the partners (and possibly other people present)
15.00 hrs . presentation of comparative analysis of NL, F, UK, D and E
. with respect to quality assurance and labour market involvement in
vocationally/professionally oriented higher education
. by the coordinators, if necessary supported by the national researchers
16.00 hrs coffee break
16.15 hrs further clarifications
16.30 hrs discussion about the comparative results by the complete partnership
18.00 hrs closure
20.30 hrs diner
Friday, 24 th of May
09.45 hrs introduction into the case studies,
followed by presentations of the national researchers / research teams
10.00 hrs the United Kingdom cases (incl. time for clarifications)
10.35 hrs the German cases (incl. time for clarifications)
11.10 hrs break
11.30 hrs the Spanish cases (incl. time for clarifications)
12.05 hrs the French cases (incl. time for clarifications)
12.40 hrs the Dutch cases (incl. time for clarifications)
13.15 hrs lunch
15.00 hrs discussion about case study results and the comparative country analysis by the complete partnership
17.00 hrs further steps in the project
17.15 hrs inventarisation of ideas for dissemination and implementation
18.00 hrs closure
Only the research teams will meet on thursday morning, the 23 th, at 12.00 hrs till 13.00 hrs, in order to prepare the thursday afternoon and friday meeting.
Only the research teams will meet on saturday morning, the 25 th, from 10.00 till 12.30 hrs, in order to discuss the further steps of the work programme and administrative issues.
The third meeting was a plenary meeting where for the first time the complete partnership was invited. Two partners had to apologize because they had to attend the GATS conference in Washington at the same time.
The meeting in Barcelona in May 2002 started with a short meeting of only the research partners in order to prepare the plenary meeting.
- a. after a word of welcome of the director of CIREM and the coordinators the plenary meeting started with an introduction of all the participants
- b. the coordinators presented a revised comparative analysis in which they took into account the information received in the bilateral discussions with the research partners. Their presentation was supplemented by the national researchers, if necessary, and discussed plenary.
- c. every research partner presented special features of one or more of the draft case studies that had been conducted (presentation is tape-recorded). Questions were clarified. It was agreed that the coordinators and the research partners again will bilaterally discuss the case study results in detail after the case study reports are all completed.
- d. plenary discussion about the draft case study results and the comparative analysis
- e. further steps in the project have been explained for the non-research partners
- f. the preparation of the survey research has been discussed. At special request of OFIPE the coordinators had already made a draft questionnaire for the survey. This has been discussed deeply by the partners, especially in view of their national context. It was agreed upon that the coordinators would adapt the content of the questionnaire as soon as possible with the input of the discussion, in order to enable OFIPE to start with the survey in France. For the other research partners time was not pressing that much, because the survey had originally been planned for the months of October and November.
- g. organisational and financial aspects have been explained and discussed. The coordinators informed the partners again about what is needed for the interim report.
- h. the preparation of the national workshops / confrences in 2003 was put into attention
- i. the planning of the next plenary meeting has been changed from april 2003 to january 2003.